Photo credit: Andrea Copellino
The very first Apple iPod was released on October 23, 2001, but what if the company were the release a modern version later this year as a 20th anniversary tribute? Meet the iPod Classic 2021 by industrial designer Andrea Copellino.
This modern take keeps the original design with a combination of features from both the 5th and 6th generation iPods, including a slimmer case as well as a larger screen. There are flat stainless steel sides and an iPhone-like matte finish on the back. Unfortunately, you may not get the clicky feel of the original scroll wheel, but we have a feeling that Apple could easily add some haptic feedback to recreate it. Just like the iPod Touch, you’d be able to load all your favorite apps on to the device, which means it not only plays music, but can also be used to stream movies or enjoy games on.
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode for hearing and connecting with the world around you
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
- Sweat and water resistant
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear