Hyundai has just unveiled their Mobile Eccentric Droid (MobED) ahead of CES 2022 in Las Vegas next month. This is essentially an all-new and pioneering small mobility platform using cutting-edge robotics technologies that could one day be used for film shoots.
This robot boasts a flat, rectangular body and rides on four large wheels, with an independent suspension that allows for optimal body posture as well as stable movement even on inclined or uneven roads. It’s capable of moving through complex urban environments by freely adjusting its wheelbase and steering angles, making MobED perfect for movie sets. Other features include advanced ‘Eccentric Wheel’ drive and three motors mounted to each wheel for power as well as precise steering.
- Be transported to the frozen planet of Hoth and spark memories of classic Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back scenes with this detailed Imperial Probe Droid (75306) build-and-display model
- The buildable droid LEGO figure features posable legs and comes with transparent, brick-built pole to ‘suspend’ it above a buildable snowy scene. The set also includes an information plaque
- This premium-quality set is part of a series of collectible LEGO Star Wars build-to-display models for adults
- Offering a complex, rewarding build, this 683-piece set makes a terrific birthday, holiday or surprise gift for any Star Wars connoisseur or experienced LEGO builder
- Measuring over 10.5 in. (27 cm) high, 9 in. (24 cm) wide and 4 in. (11 cm) deep, this buildable model does not need much space for display, but it is sure to grab people’s attention
We have developed the MobED platform to overcome the limitations of existing indoor guide and service robots while maximising its usability in cities by dramatically improving the platform’s overall mobility. We are also looking ahead to assess how potential users of MobED will further expand their needs and use for this type of technology,” said Dong Jin Hyun, Head of Hyundai Motor Group Robotics Lab.