Photo credit: KVANT1
Amsterdam-based Isaac Burrough Design unveils their latest project, the Kiwa superyacht concept, which is designed to maximize energy efficient technologies. Starting from the exterior, it features a narrow hull, with a low volume-to-length ratio to lower fuel consumption and improve efficiency, while up top, you’ll find 2,000-square-feet of solar panels.
Kiwa sports a hybrid propulsion system that enables the one to switch to electric-only mode for near silent cruising, and without any emissions or fumes. As solar and battery technology advance, the electric-only mode will be extended from just a few hours to near unlimited range. There’s room for up to 14 guests and 29 crew, thanks to an expansive main deck with cantilevered glass-bottomed pool, a sundeck boasting elevated 360-degree views, as well as 1,800-square-feet of storage space for all your gadgets.
- 25000mAh SOLAR CHARGER: Provides large battery backup for usage during outdoor activities. The power bank can charge iPhone 6 around 10 times, Samsung S6 around 7 times and iPad Air around 3 times on a full recharge.
- 4 FOLDABLE SOLAR PANELS: This Portable Solar Charger is handheld sized, which looks a slightly larger than iphone X when fold. It can absorb more solar energy than ordinary solar charger when unfold.
- FAST CHARGING: Dual USB output ports can charge 2 devices simultaneously up to 5V/2.1A with Quick Charge. Auto-stop when the phone is full charged. This helps protection against over-heating & over-charging situations.
- EMERGENCY LED LIGHTS: The solar power bank equipped bright LED light, works perfectly in darkness, ideal for outdoor trips or emergency events. Easy to carry, you may hang it on your backpack for traveling, hiking, camping.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Solar charger, 1* Micro-USB cable, 1* User manual. Note: please don't put the charger in the car to charge by the solar.
The intention for Kiwa was to design a yacht that is both modern and elegant. Her sleek silhouette combined with curvaceous surfaces gives grace despite her exploration capabilities. A yacht that will look sophisticated whether cruising the Mediterranean or the Arctic,” said Burrough.