Opera has just launched a new Crypto Browser Project, with beta versions available now for the PC, Mac and mobile phone platforms. Not your traditional web browser, this one aims to deliver a new web experience with Web3 at its core and is compatible with multiple decentralized apps.
These decentralized apps, or dApps, offer deeper functionality than a traditional browser with a basic web wallet add-on. You’ll get several built-in web3 focused features, such as Crypto Corner, which gives you access to the latest blockchain news, upcoming airdrops, an industry events calendar, NFTs, crypto communities, educational content, podcasts and videos as well as crypto prices, gas fees and market sentiment. Most importantly, it includes a non-custodial crypto wallet that enables you to access your crypto or sign into dApps directly from the browser, without having to install any additional extensions.
- Intuitive crypto wallet - perfect for beginners and veterans alike.
- Features a secure certified chip (CC EAL5+) designed to withstand sophisticated attacks, and to protect your valuable assets.
- Buy, sell, exchange and grow your crypto through our proprietary app: Ledger Live. All-in-one place.
- Manage all your assets like Bitcoin, Ethereum & tokens on the go. The Ledger Nano X connects to your phone with Bluetooth and has a large screen for ease of use
- Since we have rebranded, you may receive a package and/or product with the old Ledger logo on it
We originally launched the first web browser with an integrated cryptocurrency wallet and basic Web3 support back in 2018, but today’s beta release of the Crypto Browser Project marks the beginning of a new journey. With today’s step, we are providing our users and the industry with a dedicated Web3 browser, backed by a strong product team and with the aim of accelerating the evolution of the next generation of the Web.,” said Susie Batt, Lead, Crypto Ecosystem at Opera.