Set for release on March 13th is a special edition Nintendo Switch Animal Crossing-themed system, priced at $299.99. The device itself takes design inspiration from the new game, Animal Crossing: New Horizons and comes with pastel green / blue Joy-Con controllers that are white on the back, white wrist straps and a white Nintendo Switch dock filled with images of recognizable characters.
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, players embark on the special Nook Inc. Deserted Island Getaway Package and are taken away to an island paradise. This is where players can roll up their sleeves and start a life from scratch on a deserted island, eventually making their new life whatever they desire, whether it be decorating their home, crafting, customizing their look or sharing the experience with friends. New features include crafting, pole-vaulting across rivers and lots more.
- MSRP $299.99
- The console is also decorated with images of recognizable characters: Tom Nook and Nooklings Timmy and Tommy
- Includes a Switch console, Switch dock, Joy-Con (L) and Joy-Con (R), and two Joy-Con strap accessories
- Game not included
- Build your community from scratch on a deserted island brimming with possibility; Create your personal getaway and customize your character, home, decorations, and even the landscape itself
- Collect materials to construct everything from furniture to tools! Then, use what you create to give your island a personal touch
- Watch as the time of day and seasons match real life—even your hemisphere! Each day holds potential for surprises and discoveries
- Get to know the island residents, garden, fish, decorate, hunt for fossils, and more!
- Show off your paradise – play on the same system with a total of 4 people, or play together online or over local wireless for fun with up to 8 players
Similar to the other Nintendo Switch consoles, it can be played in three modes: TV mode, played on a TV while the system is docked; Handheld mode, when the Joy-Con are attached for portable play; and Tabletop mode, ideal for on-the-go multiplayer gaming sessions.