Disc golf is basically a flying disc sport where players aim for a target and uses similar rules to golf. Engineer Shane Wighton set out to build the world’s fastest disc golf launcher at home, all powered by a custom power pack.
What’s the goal or purpose of this homemade contraption? Well, it was made to shatter Simon Lizotte’s throwing speed record of 89.5 mph. As you’re about to see in the video, Shane Wighton most certainly matches that speed and then some. Let’s just say that the launcher is so powerful that getting hit by one of the discs would most certainly hurt, if not cause some type of injury. On a related note, most of the discs are made out of polypropylene plastic, but some others are made using various other plastic types that are heated and molded into discs.
- Echo Dot is a voice-controlled speaker that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, answer questions, set timers and alarms, and more.
- Play music from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio.
- Call or message family and friends hands-free, or drop in from the Alexa App to your Echo device.
- Controls lights, locks, thermostats, and more with compatible connected devices.
- Use the built-in speaker, or for bigger sound, connect to speakers through Bluetooth or audio cable.