Ford’s Team Fordzilla esports unveiled their P1 hypercar concept at this year’s Gamescom event. It was designed by Ford designers and members of the gaming community. Gamers were able to have the final say on several design elements, including seat position, cockpit style and even the drivetrain, before Ford designers made their suggestions into a virtual concept.
Arturo Ariño led the Ford design team and drew inspiration from the Ford GT. The P1 boasts morphing technology on the body to give it extra stability, similar to that of a longtail racer on the high-speed straights of Le Mans, or a shortening the body for tighter circuits like Monaco. Best of all, a life-sized scale model will be completed before the end of the year.
- Build and customize your very own 1960s Ford Mustang GT, featuring dark-blue bodywork with white racing stripes, 5-spoke rims with rugged tires, detailed interior, V8 engine and customization add-ons!
- Customize this “American muscle car model” with the included supercharger, rear ducktail spoiler, beefy exhaust pipes, front chin spoiler and a nitrous oxide tank
- Measures over 3-inch (10cm) high, 13-inch (34cm) long and 5-inch (14cm) wide
- 1471 pieces – For boys and girls aged 16+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- This LEGO Creator Expert Ford Mustang 10265 set can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative building
Project P1 took me to the beginning of it all. The reason why I became a car designer in the first place was to design something never seen before and something that pushes the boundaries. This vehicle will be visually stunning, and while it will push the gamer to the limits of focus and reflexes, it will also be hugely rewarding to drive,” said Arturo Ariño, Team Fordzilla P1 concept designer, Ford Europe.