The Simpsons fans rejoice! Here’s one game you’ve most certainly never seen or heard of, especially since it was originally supposed to be released for the SEGA Dreamcast. The Simpsons: Bug Squad! was discovered by a user over at the Dreamcast-Talk forums, who just so happened to stumble upon a broken Dreamcast dev kit hard drive with this game on it. User Megavolt85 didn’t just find the files, but also managed to get it running for everyone to see.
For a game slated for release sometime between 1999 – 2001, the cell-shaded graphics definitely don’t look half bad. Unfortunately, you don’t get to play as any of The Simpsons characters, but rather a mosquito or fly that roams around the house. For those interested in the studio that was developing the game, it was Red Lemon.
- Multiple System Compatibility: The RetroN 5 allows you to play your favorite NES, SNES, Super Famicom, Genesis, Mega Drive, Famicom, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and GBA cartridges on one system. You can also play Master System games with the use of the Power Base Converter.*
- HD Output: The HD output will upconvert the signal to your HDTV with a maximum output resolution of 720p.
- Save/Load States: Save or load your games at any point during gameplay, with 10 save slots for each game.
- Bluetooth Wireless Controller: Utilizing Bluetooth technology, this controller has a range of up to 30 feet and features a microswitch directional pad, two programmable macro buttons, and a Home button for quick-in game access to features.
- Original Controller Ports: 2 original controller ports (6 total) for each platform