Matt Denton has built a real-life LEGO go-kart that you can actually drive, and unlike his first creation, this one has an electronic differential. As you might have guessed, none of these pieces are from official LEGO sets, but rather Matt used a 3D printer to fabricate them. The long beams that make up the frame of the vehicle weren’t too difficult to print, but the axle piece for the steering column had to be printed in two parts due to their length.
To create a functional LEGO go-kart, Matt needed to really analyze how weight and friction would be distributed. So, he decided to use perpendicular axle connectors that boast proper bearings, including near-hidden metal parts and fasteners to ensure the integrity of the plastic. Let’s face it, this little machine isn’t fast, but just cruising around the neighborhood in something that look as cool as this will most certainly make most people look twice.
- Double the Fun: By attaching your Ninebot S (sold separately) to the GoKart Drift Kit, you can enjoy a fully-functional GoKart with range up to 13.7 miles and speed up to 10mph. Small Racer for Adults, Big Toy for Children.
- Drift Racing Excitement: Segway GoKart features a handbrake and brake pedal to switch forward and backward. A high steering ratio of 2.1:1 allows for precision steering while the strengthened seat belt ensures the rider's safety.
- Options for Everyone: Segway GoKart features three driving modes suitable for different ages. The adjustable frame length and steering wheel height can accommodate riders from 4’3”to 6’5” tall, with max load of 220 lbs and max slope of 15°. Vehicle size: After extension (Max status): 54×32×24 in (1383×822×600 mm); before extension (Min status): 40×32×18 in (1004×822×459 mm)
- Portable Design: Collapsible for convenient portability, the Ninebot Gokart Kit fits in the trunk of most cars so you can bring it wherever you want to ride! Please note: Requires purchase of Segway miniPRO or Ninebot S.
- Warranty: Download the Segway app for a new rider tutorial, assembly instructions, fault reminder speed and more. Please refer to warranty information in product details below and contact us if you have any problems.