Photo credit: Elon Musk
Elon Musk announced that Starship prototype SN4 successfully passed a cryogenics test on Sunday at a SpaceX site in Texas. This is a milestone for the project as it will eventually send payload to the Red Planet. It also marks the first full-scale Starship prototype to pass this critical test involving filling the ship with liquid nitrogen to ensure it’s capable of surviving in-flight pressure conditions.
Starship’s ultimate goal is to be a fully reusable transportation system for payloads and in the not too distant future, humans. It will have the technology to safely reach the Moon, Mars and beyond, thanks to its two-stage vehicle that uses the boosting capabilities of the Super Heavy rocket.
- Build a multi-stage rocket and large transport crawler with launch pad, plus a truck with grappling arm to load a rover into the rocket, rover lab and launch control building with loads of role-play possibilities!
- Includes 7 LEGO City minifigures: 2 astronauts, 2 ground crew technicians, a Launch Director, scientist, lab mechanic and a robot figure, plus a rover with extending arm and drill and an assembly frame building
- Rocket laying down measures over 3-inch (8cm) high, 16-inch (43cm) long and 5-inch (13cm) wide Transport crawler measures over 4-inch (12cm) high, 11-inch (29cm) long and 5-inch (15cm) wide Assembly frame building measures over 8-inch (21cm) high, 11-inch (28cm) wide and 4-inch (12cm) deep Rover garage measures over 4-inch (12cm) high, 7-inch (18cm) wide and 7-inch (19cm) deep Launch control measures over 4-inch (12cm) high, 5-inch (15cm) wide and 2-inch (6cm) deep
- 1055 pieces – Space toy for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans of LEGO rocket ships and kids of all ages
- This LEGO City Rocket Assembly & Transport 60229 cool toy for kids makes a great NASA-inspired gift for kids and can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and bricks for more creative play
Starship will be the world’s most powerful launch vehicle ever developed, with the ability to carry in excess of 100 metric tons to Earth orbit. Drawing on an extensive history of launch vehicle and engine development programs, SpaceX has been…iterating on the design of Starship with orbital-flight targeted for 2020,” said a SpaceX representative.