Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
Samsung Electronics has been known to reveal some interesting concepts at trade shows over the years, but this recently filed utility patent with the USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office) and the WIPO (World Intellectual Property Office) might actually become a reality. Published on August 27, 2020, the sketches appear to describe a transparent smartphone, but the technology itself could eventually be used in other consumer electronics products, like televisions, monitors, laptop screens, game consoles and even cameras.
The patent appears to be based on OLED display technology for its low power consumption, high brightness and a fast response time. However, this screen boasts a transparent luminous display panel through which light can shine, thus enabling content to be displayed directly on it, while still also letting you see what’s behind the device. This technology can be implemented in either a flat display or a flexible panel. In other words, you’ll actually be able to walk and text somewhat safely.
- Power of 5G: Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Samsung Galaxy 5G; Share more, game harder, experience more and never miss a beat
- Single Take AI: Capture video and multiple types of images with one tap of the shutter button; Lenses, effects and filters capture the best of every moment, every time
- Hi-Res Camera Zoom: Capture hi-res images as if you’re 3 feet away, from 100 feet away; Whether you want to zoom in close from afar or magnify details nearby, the new 30x Space Zoom gives you impressive power and clarity
- Bright Night Mode: Capture crisp images and vibrant video in Bright Night mode and create high-quality content in low light – no flash needed
- Super Fast Charging: Charge up quicker with Super Fast Charge so you can keep moving with more juice; Give your buds – or Galaxy buds – a boost of power with Wireless PowerShare right from Galaxy S20 5G