Photo credit: Mazyar Etehadi
Let’s face it, deserts are typically hot, dry and hard to cultivate. Meet the A’seedbot. This mini autonomous robot comes equipped with solar panels and designed to scour terrain at night, identifying fertile areas and plant seeds based on the data retrieved from its sensors.
It measures roughly 7.9-inches (20-centimeters) long and functions autonomously within a 3-mile radius. A set of 3D-printed legs allow it to traverse through sand and find the right levels of moisture to plant seeds. An articulating head enables it to look in multiple directions when identifying the right path.
- Build and display this fantastically detailed LEGO brick model of an iconic character from the Star Wars saga: R2-D2 (75308)
- Authentic features include a retractable mid-leg, rotating head, opening and extendable front hatches and adjustable periscope, plus a lightsaber hidden in a compartment in the head
- Includes a buildable display stand with an information plaque, LEGO Star Wars R2-D2 LEGO droid figure and a special Lucasfilm 50th anniversary LEGO brick
- This premium-quality set is part of a series of collectible LEGO Star Wars build-to-display models
- Offering a challenging and rewarding build, this 2,314-piece set makes an awesome birthday present, holiday gift or surprise treat for any Star Wars connoisseur and LEGO Star Wars lover
Desertification is a massive problem across the globe caused by unsustainable agricultural practices, mining, climate change and general land overuse. But much like climate change itself, desertification is a complex ecological issue that is difficult to understand,” said its designer.