The Battlefield 2042 Open Beta period officially opens on October 6th, with full access starting October 8th until the 10th. For those who just can’t wait until the November 19th release date, hardware (weapons, vehicles and gadgets) have been pre-unlocked in the Open Beta for players to enjoy.
Those participating in the Open Beta will be playing Conquest on the map Orbital as one of 4 Specialists: Boris, Casper, Falck, and Mackay. More importantly, players get a first look at the game’s approach to Progression and Cosmetics, which means a first glimpse at how much XP you’ll earn, and the different ways to do so in gameplay, along with the return of Ribbons as well as all new features, such as the Player Card.
- Dominate the Game: With the 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10300H processor, your Nitro 5 is packed with incredible power for all your games
- RTX, It's On: The latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 (4GB dedicated GDDR6 VRAM) is powered by award-winning architecture with new Ray Tracing Cores, Tensor Cores, and streaming multiprocessors support DirectX 12 Ultimate for the ultimate gaming performance
- Visual Intensity: Explore game worlds in Full HD detail on the 15.6" widescreen LED-backlit IPS display with 1920 x 1080 resolution, 144Hz refresh rate and 80% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio
- Internal Specifications: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz Memory (2 DDR4 Slots Total, Maximum 32GB); 256GB NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots, 1 x 2.5" Hard Drive Bay Available)
- Prioritize Your Gameplay: Killer Ethernet E2600 and Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 gives you an edge online by taking control of your network and prioritizing your gameplay
We’ve made the decision to shift the launch of Battlefield 2042. The game will now be released worldwide on November 19th, 2021. Building the next generation of Battlefield during a global pandemic has created unforeseen challenges for our development teams. Given the scale and scope of the game, we had hoped our teams would be back in our studios together as we move towards launch,” said Oskar Gabrielson, DICE Studio GM.