If you weren’t around to experience the Commodore 64 first hand, this 8-bit home computer, first introduced in January 1982 at the Consumer Electronics Show, is still relatively easy to find, and now, for a much more lucrative reason…Bitcoin mining. That’s right, all you’ll need is the C64 itself and a software program called C64 Bitcoin Miner, which mines the cryptocurrency a rate of 0.2 hash per second.
However, don’t expect to become a Bitcoin millionaire, as you’re looking at a loss of about $3.48 a month due to electricity costs alone. One interesting thing you could try is a SuperCPU accelerator to increase the hash rate to 0.3 seconds, an improvement to the 3.5 seconds the C64 was originally achieving. On a related note, if you wanted to find a single block using this computer, it would take approximately 337-years and 10-months of nonstop mining.
- Perfect crypto wallet for beginners - or veterans with simple needs.
- Features a secure certified chip (CC EAL5+) designed to withstand sophisticated attacks, and to protect your valuable assets.
- Buy, sell, exchange, grow and manage your crypto or NFTs and more through our proprietary app: Ledger Live. All-in-one place.
- Secure and manage up to 3 of your favorite crypto. The Ledger Nano S supports Bitcoin, Ethereum & Ethereum tokens, XRP, BNB, Stellar and many more.
- Since we have rebranded, you may receive a package and/or product with the old Ledger logo on it