The world’s first Gulfstream G700 business jet was showcased in Doha to Qatar Executives, and also set new city-pair speed records in the process. This aircraft is powered by Rolls-Royce Pearl 700 engines and capable of flying at a high-speed cruise of Mach 0.90 for 6,400 nautical miles/11,853 kilometers or at its long-range cruise of Mach 0.85 for 7,500 nm/13,890 km.
Gulfstream’s new city-pair speed records had the G700 flying from Savannah, Georgia, to Doha, Qatar, a total of 6,711 nautical miles, nonstop at Mach 0.88 (675 mph) for 13 hours and 16 minutes. The next leg had it traveling from Doha to Paris, a total of 2,953 nautical miles, at an average speed of Mach 0.90 (690.5 mph) for 6 hours and 15 minutes.
- This passenger airplane toy makes an ideal introduction to the exciting world of LEGO City; Perfect for kids aged 6 and up, it is designed to inspire creative, independent play based on real-life events
- This passenger plane toy includes a large airplane, airport truck with a with car elevator, airstair, airport terminal setting, a red convertible automobile, 8 minifigures and a baby figure
- Includes a large model airplane with seating for the pilot and passenger minifigures – including Poppy Starr from the LEGO City Adventures TV series – plus a terminal building with luggage conveyor and a control tower
- The LEGO City Passenger Airplane 60262 building set makes a great birthday or any-other-day gift for kids aged 6 and up, and for boys and girls who love toy planes and the excitement of flying to far-off lands
- When built, the Passenger Airplane measures over 7" (18cm) high, 21" (54cm) long and 17" (44cm) wide, while the terminal building measures over 8” (21cm) high, 11” (28cm) wide and 4” (12cm) deep
The G700’s first flight is a momentous occasion and the next step forward in Gulfstream’s vision for the future, a vision that has been guided by the strategic leadership of our parent company, General Dynamics, and the innovation of the Gulfstream team. As the market leader, Gulfstream is moving the entire business-jet industry forward with advanced safety features, tomorrow’s technology and a cabin purposefully designed to exceed our customers’ expectations for comfort,” said Mark Burns, Gulfstream president.