Photo credit: Barrett-Jackson
This may have started as a 1971 Jeep DJ mail carrier, but it was turned into a unique hot rod specially for the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) 2014 show in Las Vegas. In addition to upgraded performance and drivability, the most notable modification would probably be the chopped top, complete with custom retractable cloth sunroof and smoothed firewall. The vehicle now rides on a custom-built chassis with a chrome tubular front suspension and a chrome bar setup rear suspension.
For an ultra low stance, there’s a four-corner air ride suspension, while powder-coated red Wilwood brake calipers and drilled rotors give it the stopping power you need on the road. To complete the exterior, there are sleek billet Budnik wheels. It’s powered by a 383ci V8 Chevy engine with two 4-barrel carburetors, mated to a Turbo 400 automatic transmission. Inside, the right-hand drive steering wheel position was kept, which meant a steering rack had to be custom fabricated, and custom red seats / dash / gauges as well as a Kicker stereo system with Bluetooth keep things comfortable.
- This LEGO Technic Jeep Wrangler (42122) is packed full of authentic details, making it a great toy for kids who love fun vehicles
- With front steering, powerful axle-articulation suspension and a winch, kids can play out a world of off-roading adventures, inspired by the world-famous Jeep Wrangler
- This awesome model comes complete with authentic Jeep Wrangler details, like the classic round headlamps, seven-slot grille, full-size spare tire and fold-down rear seats
- This Jeep Wrangler Rubicon model makes a great gift for young LEGO fans who are ready for their next challenge
- This Jeep Wrangler Rubicon toy model measures over 4.5 in. (12 cm) high, 9.5 in. (24 cm) long and 5 in. (13 cm) wide, making this car a great size for play or display
The Jeep does retain some original features. The original sliding side doors and large swing open rear door with giant Jeep embossed letters allow the wide-open access to interior. The original grille was retained to keep the nostalgic Jeep appearance,” according to the auction page.