MACK Rides was founded 240-years-ago in 1780 and has been designing amusement attractions ever since. Whether it be flat rides, dark rides, log flumes, boat rides and roller coasters, they’ve constructed them all at one time or another. Believe it or not, the family that owns the company also runs Europa-Park. Their latest creation, The Rocking Boat, is one of the most innovative yet. Simply put, it consists of ab 8 passenger vehicle modeled after a small boat.
When the vehicle enters the water where, appears to be untethered and freely floating, but it’s actually connected to a track. Power comes from a submerged drive motor that enables permanent control of the position and speed of the boat. The craft’s chassis has special machinery that provides rotational degrees of freedoms, enabling it to rotate suddenly without the risk of sinking or capsizing. This means that future water-based attractions at theme parks can have the boat rocking to a simulated wave, avoid hitting a sea monster, being pushed down a waterfall, and lots more.
- 546 ASSORTED PIECES –This K’NEX Education set includes 546 parts, plus a battery-powered motor, for a single child or a team of two to three children building a working roller coaster. Two additional models are also included in this set — a ramp and a half-pipe — which can be built one at a time. The set requires two AA batteries, which are not included.
- OFFERS HANDS-ON LEARNING – K’NEX Education models offer proactive opportunities for introducing children to scientific inquiry, investigation, and experimentation. Inquiry-based lessons challenge young learners as they build, investigate, problem-solve, discuss, and evaluate scientific and design principles in action.
- EXPERIMENT GUIDE – Once a ride is built, an activity booklet guides learners through three hands-on, inquiry-based experiments. This experiment guide aligns with the national STEM standards and is designed for grades 5‒9. Students will learn about the relationships between time, distance, speed, and more!
- PROMOTES TEAMWORK – This educational engineering set is more fun when constructed with friends. One to three kids can put their heads together and figure out the structure, exchanging ideas as they tinker with the bits and parts, and solving the model faster through teamwork. They’ll build camaraderie and develop social skills as they play.
- STEAMagination: It’s the connection of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math) with a child’s natural curiosity and creativity and it powers the fun of each and every K’NEX building set. Building with K’NEX puts children on a path towards a fundamental understanding of STEAM/STEM subjects.