Photo credit: Abimelec Design
The Mercury Cougar is classified as a “sports luxury coupe”, or “pony car,” and the seventh-generation model was manufactured by Mercury alongside the Ford Mustang for quite a while, all the way up until 1997. After that, Mercury started production on their Mondeo-based Cougar. Abimelec Design created a 2021 Mercury Cougar concept based on the current Mustang, and can be thought of as a Continental, but with 2 less doors.
What would be its competitors? Well, the designer thinks it should be pit against the Lexus LC, BMW 8-Series and Jaguar F-Type. It would be powered by a 3.5 EcoBoost engine producing 450 hp and 510 ft-lbs of torque. Aesthetically, it would combine some Ford elements with old classic look from the 1960s Cougar. The seventh-generation Mercury Cougar is built upon the Ford MN12 platform, retaining the use of rear-wheel drive, so we should expect this for the 2021 concept as well.
- Gear up for drag racing action with the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon with 2 sets of wheel rims and rear spoiler, the 1970 Dodge Charger R/T with removable supercharger, plus a buildable drag racing Christmas tree start light!
- Includes 3 minifigures: a Challenger driver and Charger driver with helmets, and a race marshal with a checkered flag
- 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon model car measures over 1-inch (4cm) high, 5-inch (14cm) long and 2-inch (6cm) wide 1970 Dodge Charger R/T measures over 1-inch (4cm) high, 5-inch (15cm) long and 1-inch (5cm) wide Christmas tree start light measures over 4-inch (11cm) high, 1-inch (4cm) wide and 1-inch (3cm) deep
- 478 pieces – Toy car playset for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- LEGO Speed Champions 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon and 1970 Dodge Charger R/T 75893 toy cars for kids can be built together with all other original LEGO building toys and LEGO bricks for creative play