Photo credit: Pranab P Kumar
Samsung has not only released several smartphones with advanced display technologies, like the Galaxy Z Fold and Galaxy Z Flip, but they’re still developing new ones. Designer Pranab P Kumar gives us a preview of one such device, called the Galaxy Stick, and it has a slide-out OLED display. When not in use, the display is hidden inside the mobile phone’s frame and at the push of a button, it slides out. There’s a smaller secondary touchscreen for notifications and the fingerprint scanner.
As you can see on the rear, there’s only a single camera, so this device isn’t meant for mobile photographers, although it could be equipped with Samsung’s new 108-megapixel sensor. The main caveat would be seeing how rigid the slide-out OLED display really is, since any touch action would require some sort of pressure.
- Pro-Grade Camera: The new Samsung Galaxy S20 FE mobile phone features high-powered pro lenses for beautiful portraits, stunning landscapes and crisp close-ups in any light with its 3X optical zoom
- 30X Space Zoom: Whether you want your cellphone to zoom in close from afar or magnify details of something nearby, 30X Space Zoom gives you the power to get closer
- Night Mode: Capture crisp images and vibrant video with Night Mode and create high-quality content in low light — no flash required with this smartphone
- Single-Take AI: One tap of the screen captures multiple images and video all at once; Lenses, effects and filters capture the best of every moment, every time
- Power of 5G: Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Samsung Galaxy 5G; More sharing, more gaming, more experiences and never miss a beat