Photo credit: Pranab P Kumar
Samsung has not only released several smartphones with advanced display technologies, like the Galaxy Z Fold and Galaxy Z Flip, but they’re still developing new ones. Designer Pranab P Kumar gives us a preview of one such device, called the Galaxy Stick, and it has a slide-out OLED display. When not in use, the display is hidden inside the mobile phone’s frame and at the push of a button, it slides out. There’s a smaller secondary touchscreen for notifications and the fingerprint scanner.
As you can see on the rear, there’s only a single camera, so this device isn’t meant for mobile photographers, although it could be equipped with Samsung’s new 108-megapixel sensor. The main caveat would be seeing how rigid the slide-out OLED display really is, since any touch action would require some sort of pressure.
- MORE FREEDOM: With unlocked by Samsung, you call the shots; Start with the Galaxy S20 FE 5G then choose your carrier, data plan, services, features, and apps, so you get the phone you want, set up exactly how you want
- INFINITY-O DISPLAY: The 6.5” FHD Infinity-O Display has barely-there bezels surrounding the flat edges, and a super small punch hole for the camera*; Meaning a more immersive screen that makes your gaming, streaming, and video calling way more fun
- PRO-GRADE CAMERA: The same pro-grade triple lens S20 camera, now available in FE; Three cameras on the rear let you snapshot moments in your own way
- 30X SPACE ZOOM: Zoom in close from afar or magnify details of something nearby with the power of 30X Space Zoom
- NIGHT MODE: With bigger pixels and enhanced camera AI, the rear camera adjusts to pull in light even when it’s dark so your shots come out detailed and colorful