Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
Samsung has many patents that the public isn’t aware of, or at least until they’re approved, and one of them is for an ‘electronic device’ that was recently published by the USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office) on October 29, 2020. This smartphone-like device was also included in the database of the WIPO (World Intellectual Property Office) for worldwide protection of the patented technology. The patent sketches reveal that is has multiple screens that enclose the entire device with a display surface.
You’ll find a curved display in front, while a second screen can be found out back as well as several semi-rounded displays on the edges. Depending on their purpose, several display technologies can be utilized for maximum efficiency, including AMOLED, LCD, or even microLED. Simply put, the smartphone could even have a single display that wraps around from front to back, making it a breeze to adjust brightness, contrast, etc. Slide the front display up, and the cameras are revealed. There’s no mention of the technical specifications, but you can expect the latest chips in this flagship device.
- Upgrade your Galaxy: the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite has the features you’ve been waiting for Its easy-to-use pro-grade camera delivers the perfect shot every time, and a fast-charging battery lets you dive into whatever life throws your way
- Performance to do more: Smooth, high-quality performance with the same powerful processor that drives the iconic Galaxy S10. With 8GB of RAM, you can play games, stream movies and broadcast live—all with rapid responsiveness
- Pro-grade shots in just a snap: Capture professional-quality photos with the Galaxy S10 Lite smartphone camera and quick take feature. Take beautiful pictures even in low light with the 48MP main camera. The 32MP front camera knows its way around a stunning selfie too
- Smooth action as you move: Capture all of the action with virtually no blur in crisp UHD quality. Super Steady Mode makes photos and videos look super smooth, even in low-light conditions
- Crisp. Colorful. Captivating: Lose yourself in the edge-to-edge color and intense detail of a massive 6.7 inches Infinity Display with a Super AMOLED Plus screen