For those unfamiliar with the Sony Vision-S, it’s essentially an all-electric sedan concept with components from Magna International, Continental AG, Elektrobit and Benteler / Bosch. Boasting always-on connectivity, complete with 33 sensors that include CMOS, solid state LiDAR, radar and time-of-flight cameras, which together, form an advanced driver assistance suite called “Safety Cocoon”. Step inside, and you’ll find a panoramic touchscreen integrated directly into the dashboard, paired with Sony’s 360 Reality Audio.
On teh technical side of things, the vehicle is powered by two 200 kW electric motors that send power to all wheels, enabling it to accelerate from 0-62 mph in 4.8 seconds, while topping out at 149 mph. To keep the ride smooth, Sony has installed a double wishbone suspension, mated to an air spring system.
- 4K HDR PROCESSOR X1: See premium 4K pictures, rich with real-world detail and texture. Upscale everything you watch to near-4K with 4K X-Reality PRO
- TRILUMINOS Display: See exactly what the creator intended with advanced color and gradation
- GAME MODE: Take your PlayStation experience to the next level with a Sony 4K gaming TV featuring dedicated Game Mode for a smoother, more responsive gaming experience
- SMART ANDROID TV with GOOGLE ASSISTANT: Use your voice to control your TV and smart home devices, easily search for movies and shows, get answers, and manage tasks
- WORKS WITH ALEXA: Stream smart camera feeds with your voice. Through an Alexa enabled device, just ask Alexa to play music, launch video apps, turn up the volume, and more
With the goal of contributing to the evolution of mobility, VISION-S development activity has reached the next stage. While continuing to advance vehicle development for safety and security, entertainment and adaptability, public road testing commenced in Austria in December 2020 for technical evaluation,” said Sony.