The Apple Watch Series 7 has been officially revealed, and for some, its revamped Always-On Retina display might be worth the upgrade. Why? It has significantly more screen area and thinner borders, making it the largest and most advanced Apple Watch display yet.
For those who have active lifestyles, you’ll be happy to know that the Apple Watch Series 7 is more rugged than ever, thanks to a more crack-resistant front crystal. It’s also the Apple Watch to gain an IP6X certification for resistance to dust, and it maintains a WR50 water resistance rating. If you hate long charging times, a single charge of this watch provides all-day 18-hour battery life and 33 percent faster charging compared to its predecessor using the Magnetic Fast Charger USB-C Cable. The five brand new aluminum case colors include midnight, starlight, green, a new blue and (PRODUCT)RED. Available later this fall, priced from $399 USD.
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- 8-core CPU packs up to 3x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever*
- 8-core GPU with up to 6x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games*
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
Apple Watch Series 7 delivers significant improvements — from our largest and most advanced display, to enhanced durability and faster charging — making the world’s best smartwatch better than ever before. Powered by watchOS 8, Apple Watch brings useful new capabilities to help customers stay connected, track activity and workouts, and better understand their overall health and wellness,” said Jeff Williams, Apple’s chief operating officer.