Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
Oppo Vice President Brian Shen recently teased the company’s upcoming smartwatch, and it’s a doozy. The device is claimed to have a curved screen and 3D glass, drawing heavy inspiration from the Apple Watch. Unlike the latter, this model does not sport a digital crown, but rather two side buttons on the right edge with embedded LED strips for notifications.
Similar to the Apple Watch Series 5, the Oppo Smartwatch is also going to have an ECG monitor, which will be one of the headlining features. Since the company is mainly known for their smartphones and tablets, this watch would signal the first time that the company is entering the wearable space. This was rumored to be debuting at Mobile World Congress, but since the conference has been canceled, it may just get an online reveal. We’ll keep you updated as more information becomes available.
- Built-in cellular lets you receive calls, send texts, and check your email — even without your phone.
- You don’t have to raise your wrist or tap to see the time or important information. With the Always-On Retina display, your watch face is always visible.
- The viewing area stretches deep into the curved corners and is over 30% larger than the Apple Watch Series 3 display.
- Made for all the ways you exercise, Apple Watch Series 5 has built-in GPS and is swimproof.
- With the ECG app, you can take an ECG similar to a single-lead electrocardiogram right from your wrist.