Will Rogers of WDS Dessert Stations in Hinkley, Illinois has unveiled his latest creation, and it’s called Below Zero. Unlike other frozen dessert machines, this one is designed to transform beers, cocktails and other drinks into soft serve ice cream. Best of all, it doesn’t affect any of the alcohol content.
That’s right, the alcohol content stays the same because the Below Zero machine takes those beverages, and crystalizes them in under 30 minutes, keeping the alcohol by volume exactly the same, which means you probably don’t want to go crazy on the treats. It achieves this by first de-gassing the beverage to remove the carbon dioxide before mixing it with a gel.
- QUICK AND EASY TO USE - Within minutes, easily turn any frozen fruit into a smooth "ice-cream" or "sorbet" like treat, without additional fats, sugars, or preservatives
- DELICIOUS VERSATILITY - Create your own healthy, vegan, keto, and dairy free treats or use the 36 included recipes to create simple, homemade desserts like pies, parfaits, and sorbets
- EASY TO CLEAN - All removable parts are top rack dishwasher safe and the base easily wipes clean after use
- PERFECT SERVING SIZE - Make a single serving or enough for the whole family
- PEACE OF MIND - Trusted brand for over a decade, 1 year limited defective coverage, and BPA free
The way it truly works we like to say the gel bear hugs the alcohol itself and turns it into ice cream. With alcohol, the freezing point is what we’ve created, there’s never been a freezing point because it’s never been able to be consumed at that freezing point. In the beginning days we used liquid nitrogen to make Below Zero but now with the new machines you put it out in a cone and it’s ready to eat,” said Rogers.