Will Rogers of WDS Dessert Stations in Hinkley, Illinois has unveiled his latest creation, and it’s called Below Zero. Unlike other frozen dessert machines, this one is designed to transform beers, cocktails and other drinks into soft serve ice cream. Best of all, it doesn’t affect any of the alcohol content.
That’s right, the alcohol content stays the same because the Below Zero machine takes those beverages, and crystalizes them in under 30 minutes, keeping the alcohol by volume exactly the same, which means you probably don’t want to go crazy on the treats. It achieves this by first de-gassing the beverage to remove the carbon dioxide before mixing it with a gel.
- Fruit soft serve machine: Easily create yummy vegan tasting treats by adding any combination of chocolate, or fruits like over-ripe bananas, berries, or mango to the chute for a smooth "ice-cream" like taste.
- Healthy goodness: With Yonanas, you can instantly churn 100 percent frozen fruits to create a healthy vegan dessert without additional fat, sugar or preservatives compared to other "ice cream" or "yogurt" like treats.
- Easy and fun to use: Transform 100 percent frozen fruit into dessert in just seconds by simply inserting frozen banana (or any fruit of your choice) into the chute and pushing down using the plunger. It's that easy and fun to make!
- Easy to clean: Create delicious desserts without the hassle of cleanup; as the chute, plunger, and blade are top rack dishwasher safe.
- 120 Volt. Designed for use in United States and Canada only, does not apply elsewhere.
The way it truly works we like to say the gel bear hugs the alcohol itself and turns it into ice cream. With alcohol, the freezing point is what we’ve created, there’s never been a freezing point because it’s never been able to be consumed at that freezing point. In the beginning days we used liquid nitrogen to make Below Zero but now with the new machines you put it out in a cone and it’s ready to eat,” said Rogers.