The Candela C-8 electric hydrofoil boat has successfully completed its maiden journey. In other words, it managed to achieve its target takeoff speed of 16 knots before cruising silently above water at a zippy 20 knots.
Unlike other electric boats, the C-8 boasts computer-controlled hydrofoils that use up to 80% less energy than conventional watercraft. However, the foils are retractable at the push of a button for anyone who doesn’t want to glide above water. Autopilot technology lets you set a preset route before just kicking back and relaxing, thanks to its fly-by-wire steering system. Its 44 kWh battery is good for around 50 nautical miles on a full charge, which takes around 2-hours. The C-8 has already sold 100-8n units thus far, priced at $339,000 USD.
- Safety Priority : UL 2272 certification ensures Ninebot S meets high standards for fire and electrical safety. The Smart Battery Management System provides reliable battery performance. IP54 waterproof protection ensures operation in various weathers
- Sturdy & Powerful : Ninebot S is compact, weighting just 28 lbs with a max load of 220 lbs. Thanks to the dual 400W motors, it can easily reach a max speed of 10 mph. A single fully charged battery can run up to 13. 7 miles, climbing a max slope of 15°
- POLICO 10.5" pneumatic tires provide a comfortable and smoother ride on bumpy roads. Knee control bar allows for precise steering and easy lifting. Applicable Age 16 – 50 years. Applicable Height - 3.11 – 6.6 Inch
- Intelligent App Management : Download the Segway app for anti-theft function, speed limit and adjustment, vehicle self-diagnose, firmware upgrade, Ambient Light, vehicle remote control and more.
- Quality Assurance: The Ninebot S is sturdy and durable. One-year or 180-day for different parts, please refer to information in product details below, contact us at [email protected] if you have any problems. Charging Temperature-32-104° F(0-40°C)
This first flight marks a huge moment not only for Candela, but also for the powerboat industry. The C-8 is not only designed to be the best electric boat, it is designed to be a far better experience than conventional powerboats. I hope we can drive the transition to emission-free boating at a very fast pace,” said Gustav Hasselskog, Candela’s CEO.