While electric commercial / personal aircraft hasn’t been approved by the FAA, the Lilium 7-Seater Jet is well ahead of the game. Featuring a projected cruise speed of 175 mph at 10,000 feet and a range of 155+ miles, including reserves, it’s the result of five years of technology development across four generations of technology demonstrators. The company applied for concurrent type certification for a high-capacity aircraft with EASA as well as the FAA back in 2018 and so far received CRI-A01 certification basis from the former.
This aircraft utilizes Lilium’s proprietary Ducted Electric Vectored Thrust (“DEVT”) technology, along with key control systems, aircraft and battery architecture. This cutting edge technology enables Lilium to scale to higher-capacity aircraft, all the while keeping noise emissions and ground footprint low.
- IMMERSIVE FLIGHT EXPERIENCE: Feel the thrill of immersive flight provided by the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV’s super-wide 150° FOV, giving you an ultra-smooth, real-time view of your flight.
- 4K/60FPS VIDEO: The DJI FPV aircraft can record 4K/60fps video at up to 120 Mbps, capturing crisp details that make footage look as exhilarating as the flight.
- BRAND-NEW S MODE: Get the dynamic look of FPV footage easily in S mode. This hybrid flight mode combines the freedom of flying manually with the simplified controls of previous DJI drones.
- ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES: An auxiliary bottom light, Smart Return to Home (RTH), Low Battery RTH, and forward and downward obstacle sensing are all integrated into DJI FPV to help ensure a safe flight, even at high speeds.
- OCUSYNC 3.0 TRANSMISSION SYSTEM: Enjoy crystal-clear real-time and HD Low-Latency Transmission video, even at distances of up to 6.2 miles.
We are thrilled to be partnering with Lilium to together build the leader in regional electric air mobility. Qell set out to find an exceptional and ambitious technology company, with significant growth potential — and in Lilium we have found that. Lilium has unique technology and one of the most accomplished engineering and commercial teams in electric aviation. The 7-Seater Lilium Jet is a game-changer for transportation,” said Barry Engle, Founder and CEO, Qell.