Chevrolet made a big splash at the 2021 SEMA Show in Las Vegas with the Chevy Beast. This supercharged off-road concept was built to showcase the capabilities of Chevy trucks and Chevrolet Performance components, and to be honest, it looks like something straight from the Halo universe.
The Chevy Beast is essentially a four-passenger off-road vehicle, based on a modified Silverado chassis, that boasts a customized pickup body, all powered by a Chevrolet Performance LT4 650-horsepower supercharged crate engine rated at 650 hp, mated to a 10L90 10-speed automatic transmission. To ensure that it can handle any terrain, the Chevy Beast comes equipped with 37-inch-tall off-road tires mounted on 20-inch beadlock wheels, complete with a Chevrolet Performance Big Brake Upgrade System. Step inside, and you’ll find four Recaro performance seats, each with four-point harnesses, as well as two 7-inch-diagonal LCD screens that monitor vehicle functions and performance data. Unfortunately, there’s no word yet on if this will eventually make it into production.
- Build and experience an iconic supercar—the LEGO Technic Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!
- 2-in-1 LEGO Technic set: rebuilds into a Hot Rod replica model
- This collectible car model features a large rear wing, 4 tailpipes, black spoked rims with low-profile tires, working steering and visible moving V8 pistons
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 measures over 3” (8cm) high, 11” (29cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide Hot Rod measures over 3” (8cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide 579 pieces – For boys and girls aged 9+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- This LEGO Technic Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 42093 set can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative building
The Chevy Beast concept takes the popularity of high-performance off-road trucks to the next level. It’s a vision for a new dimension of Chevrolet Performance capability from a brand that’s been pioneering performance and supporting customer personalization for more than 50 years,” said Jim Campbell, GM U.S. vice president of Performance and Motorsports.