Japan’s Tochigi Prefectural Police Department has just got a nice upgrade to its fleet in the form an Lexus LC 500. You won’t find this on the highways, but rather the Mobile Traffic Unit in an aim to help reduce traffic accidents as well as stop fleeing vehicles. It’s powered by 2UR-GSE 5.0-litre V8 engine generating 471 hp at 7,100 rpm and 398 lb-ft of torque at 4,800 rpm, mated to a 10-speed Direct Shift automatic transmission.
This isn’t a factory fresh vehicle painted in police livery, as there were several modifications made, possibly even a few engine upgrades. When all was said and done, the department spent an additional $165,000 USD on making it police force worthy. If you happen to be in the Tochigi area, be sure to stop by any promotional events to possibly catch a glimpse of this special vehicle.
- 1/14 Scale Radio Control Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse
- Full Function Radio Controlled; Licensed RC Model Car
- Forward, Reverse, Stop, Left & Right
- Detailed Interior / Exterior; Working Head/Tail Lights
- Factory Assembled Ready to Run