Photo credit: SWNS / X+Living
Your eyes aren’t playing tricks, the Dujiangyan Zhongshuge bookstore, nicknamed “Magic Castle”, located in southwest China’s Sichuan province, appears to be filled to brim with never ending publications. To be more specific, it’s home to over 80,000 volumes in more than 20,000 genres, and looks the way it does using black-tiled floors, paired with mirrored ceilings, resulting in an infinity mirror-like effect.
Even though some of the books look out of reach, this optical illusion does not hinder one’s ability to reach for their favorite title(s). Whether it be the spiral staircase or its 50-inch tall archways, you’ll find over two stories of books, filling an area that spans nearly 1,000-square-meters. It was designed by Li Xiang, founder of Chinese architecture firm, X+Living.
- MAGIC SCIENCE YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE - These 10 science experiments are mind-blowing! Girls and boys will, make a coin float, change the color of water, have snow magically appear, and much more! You won't find experiments like these anywhere else. The perfect science experiment kit for kids!
- SHOW OFF FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY - Each experiment is specially designed to be performed as a magic trick! The included magic wand and white gloves let your children dress the part, too. Magic for kids has never been this fun and educational!
- EVEN THE EXPERIMENT GUIDE IS AWESOME - Our one-of-a-kind experiment guide has illustrated, kid-friendly instructions as well as insight into the science that creates the magic, techniques used by real scientists, and loads of fascinating facts!
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED - Sometimes science kits leave you searching for tools to conduct the experiments. Not this kit! You get all the tools you need for each of the experiments, so the magical science fun can start the moment you open the box!
- HIGH-QUALITY EDUCATIONAL TOYS - National Geographic is proud to make the highest quality hands-on science toys, and all our products are backed by exceptional service.
We present readers with their own elegant and powerful artistic landscape. Any glimpse at the space will afford a visual feast. It seems that the beautiful scenery of Dujiangyan is vividly presented in the space, enriching the visual experience of readers. Many people associate the space with a magical world, with the magic feeling coming from the structure of the bookshelves, and the reflection of the mirrored ceiling,” said Xiang.