Photo credit: Kevin Chiam
Flexible organic light-emitting diode (FOLED) technology been around for quite a while, but still not commonly used in modern day devices. They incorporate a flexible plastic substrate on which the electroluminescent organic semiconductor is deposited, enabling the device to be bent or rolled while still operating. Industrial designer Kevin Chiam shows us what this technology can really be used for.
Simply put, Folio is a 32-inch flexible OLED panel that can be folded up like a bag when not in use. The display itself is secured to cylindrical aluminum arms that magnetically clasp together, while in full operation, a user can connect other peripherals, such as speakers or a camera. In other words, you can hang this on the wall as an art piece or use it as a gaming display when on-the-go.
- Ultra wide ultra slim curved 21 9 immerses the attention of a larger audience with a 34 inch screen that accurately resembles the contours of the human eye
- 1500R curvature the 1500R degree curved design immerses you completely into the gaming landscape allowing you to spot all threats and opportunities before all of your competitors
- Adaptive Sync Adaptive Sync is a technology that closes the gap between the graphics card's and the Monitor's refresh rates eliminating image tearing and stuttering in the process
- Up to 100Hz refresh rate with 100Hz refresh rate images change faster and smoother than the standard reducing screen tearing
- Blue light shift reduce your MONITORS Blue light to protect you from eye fatigue irritation and strains This enables you to work on you documents watch movies or play games more comfortably for extended periods