An international team of researchers teamed with Monash University to develop an extra-light, flexible solar cell that could power future wearable devices. Measuring just tenth the width of a human hair, these cells would have a lifespan of 11.5 years and have the ability to operate for over 20,000 hours with almost no quality deterioration, or 4.8-percent to be more specific.
Since the solar cell is just 2-square centimeters, it’s light enough to be placed on a flower petal, all the while still generating 9.9W per gram. They may even one day replace traditional batteries and be used in smartphones, smartwatches, as well as other smart gadgets.
- Founded in California in 2012, Jackery specializes in providing outdoor green power solutions for explorers. Jackery portable power station, power outdoors.
- QUIET GENERATOR& ECO-FRIENDLY CLEAN POWER: Jackery Explorer 160 is equipped with a 167 watt-hour (46,400mah/3.6V) lithium-ion battery pack, no fuel or gasoline needed, no fumes, no clanging! Pack light for your next camp trip with Jackery portable power station.
- OUTDOOR CAMPING BATTERY: Portable power station special designed for charging phones, tablets, laptops, gopro and other smaller electronics. Explorer 160 features 1* AC outlet (110V 100W 150W Peak), 1*USB-C port, 2* USB-A ports and 1* standard DC 12V port , power your outdoor adventure without worry.
- SOLAR READY RECHARGING: pairs well with Jackery Solar Saga 60W/100W (sold separately), easily get recharged with efficient solar panel. Built-in led flashlight with SOS mode (long press the button) portable power station, convenient for outdoor activites; Jackery Portable power station with solid handle, easy to carry wherever you go.
- PACKAGE DETAILS: You will receive 1* Jackery Explorer 160 Portable Power Station (167Wh Portable Power Station), 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide.
In normal use, individual solar cell devices can be combined to form modules, or what most know as solar panels. The common single junction silicon solar cell can generate a maximum open-circuit voltage of approximately 0.5 to 0.6 volts.