GM Defense won a $214.3-million contract to build, field and sustain the US Army’s new Infantry Squad Vehicle (ISV). Based on the 2020 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 midsize truck, the ISV aims to provide rapid ground mobility and is essentially a light as well as agile all-terrain troop carrier. It can be sling loaded from a UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter and is even compact enough to fit inside a CH-47 Chinook helicopter.
The Colorado ZR2 was selected for the ISV, due to its ability to leverage 90 percent commercial off-the-shelf parts, which include the Multimatic dual spool-valve dampers as well as Chevrolet Performance suspension components. It’s powered by a 2.8L Duramax turbo-diesel engine generating 186-horsepower, mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
- Let race car fans take on a driving challenge with this LEGO Technic app-controlled Top Gear Rally Car operated via a smart device with 3 screens!
- This toy rally car model is controlled via the LEGO Technic CONTROL+ app and powered by an advanced Smart Hub with 1 XL motor and 1 L motor for a more immersive play experience, authentic movements and hours of fun!
- Build the car, download the app and get ready for action with multi-function control that lets drivers go forward, reverse, steer, accelerate, brake, play sound effects and get real-time feedback!
- This LEGO Technic app-controlled racecar creates endless build-and-play fun and is an action-filled holiday, birthday or anyday gift for kids ages 10+ who like building challenges, Top Gear Rally Car toys and remote-control cars
- At over 26cm (10”) long, 10cm (3”) high and 14cm (5”) wide, this motorized toy car is the perfect size for driving or for display; please note this set is not compatible with LEGO Power Functions systems
Winning this Army award is well-deserved recognition for the hard work and dedication of our GM Defense team and their production of a fantastic vehicle. We are confident the GMD ISV will meet and exceed all of our customers’ requirements. It’s indeed an honor to leverage our parent company’s experience as one of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers to design, build and deliver the best technologies available to the men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces and our allies,” said David Albritton, president of GM Defense.