Believe it or not, Michigan-based designer Joey Ruiter’s “Consumer Car” is actually based on a 1993 Ford Festiva GL chassis and not something built for a science fiction movie. Despite how it looks, this vehicle is road-legal in some states with required lighting, passenger restraints, and a rear-mounted license plate frame. It’s powered by a Mazda-sourced “B3” 1.3L inline-4 engine producing 63 hp and 73 lb-ft of torque, pared with a 5-speed manual transmission.
Features include a low, trapezoidal shape, a full-width front mirror, hand-formed steel bodywork, Carnegie Xorel bio-based indoor / outdoor fabric covering the main body, a forward-hinged nose for easy engine access, a completely open cockpit, a Joes Racing Products aluminum steering wheel, and an ultra minimalist design. More information here.
- 【ABS CHASSIS AND REINFORCED BODY FRAME】 The whole chassis of the remote control car is made of ABS plastic and the main body is made of aluminium alloy material. All these properties give the truck a better collision resistance to prolong its life span.
- 【STABLE PERFORMANCE EXPERIENCE】 This is a toy grade rc car. The 1/14 scale makes it easier to control，it can go up to 20Km/h at full speed with a brushed powerful built-in motor. Its powerful performance makes this rc car an ideal toy for boys and girls up 8 years old, adults also can get a relatively fun for sure.
- 【NO DELAY RTR REMOTE CONTROLLER】 Easy-to-use non-interference remote controller with 2.4GHz frequency makes the car always ready to run and has non-jamming function. The radio control distance is about 50 meters, it is a great off-road monster truck for indoor and outdoor.
- 【USB CHARGE AND TWO BATTERIES】 The USB charger for the battery is convenient to charge and has several functions such as overcharge protection and short circle protection.And two original battery packs allow you to experience a longer and uninterrupted gaming time.
- 【BEST PERFECT GIFT FOR KIDS】 A cool toy grade rc car gift for boys and girls, an ideal birthday or any occasion gift. If you are looking for an exciting and extra cool present, then you will love our radio controlled cars. Racing your family or friends is always exciting and everyone can join in the BEZGAR fun.
The Consumer was displayed at the Petersen Automotive Museum as part of the “Disruptors” exhibit that ran from 2019 through March 2020,” said the seller.