Automotive designer Oliver Ball knows that Land Rover vehicles are designed to go anywhere, and hopefully in the near future, Antarctica. So, he came up with the Land Rover ARC, which is essentially a futuristic laboratory on wheels that includes sleeping quarters as well as other modules.
Step inside, and you’ll find several modules, including several room modules for sleeping, complete with full bathrooms, a living / dining area, a storage bay, as well as a full research laboratory. Other high-tech features include a wind turbine for ventilation purposes, 2 x 200 KWh batteries, solar / solar hydro panels, and an independent motor suspension system. We’re assuming that the Land Rover ARC will be able to comfortable accommodate an entire research team for months on end, depending on the food and power available.
- Fans of LEGO Technic sets and Land Rover vehicles will enjoy an immersive and rewarding building experience with this highly authentic LEGO Technic Land Rover Defender replica, packed with realistic features and functions
- This collectible model of the quintessential 2019 Land Rover Defender really captures the vehicle’s level of refinement with its clean, modern lines and sculpted surfaces, making it a great display piece for the home or office
- Developed in partnership with Land Rover, this building toy has working steering, 4-speed sequential gearbox, All Wheel Drive with 3 differentials, independent suspension, detailed in-line 6-cylinder engine and a working winch
- Cabin features a detailed dashboard, working steering wheel, gear section with 2 levers for engaging high or low gear ratios and a selector for changing gear, plus forward-folding seats for visual access to the gearbox
- This 2,573-piece LEGO Technic Land Rover Defender 42110 delivers an immersive building experience and makes an ideal Christmas or birthday gift for all aged 11+. Measures over 8-inch (22cm) high, 16-inch (42cm) long and 7-inch (20cm) wide