Switzerland-based Manta unveiled two new eVTOL aircraft, the single-seat ANN1 and double-seat ANN2, both capable of “short-area” vertical takeoffs and landings. However, if there is an airport nearby, they can also land on runways as short as 100 yards. In addition to using less battery power, these aircraft also come equipped with compact fuel-driven generators that generate electricity to keep the batteries charged for longer periods, while also shortening recharging times.
For propulsion, there are four ducted electric fans located on the wings capable of tilting to direct thrust. The company has tested a miniature prototype to determine that the production model will eventually be able to cruise at 186mph and offer a range of 373-miles on a full charge. Thrill seekers may want to look at the single-seat ANN1 since it’s basically an electric fighter jet, but without the weapons. There’s no word yet on pricing or availability, although a full-sized prototype may be coming next.
- PILOTED FLIGHT - Grab a sheet of paper, fold it, and go! Instantly put yourself in the cockpit of an amazing smartphone controlled paper airplane that does high speed tricks. The bluetooth module, which includes autopilot control, connects to your phone so you can experience the sensation of flying countless paper, foam, and even Balsa Wood airplane models.
- INCREDIBLE STABILITY - Loops, Barrel Rolls, & Hammerheads are achieved with the special Acro Mode! Your paper plane’s onboard computer automatically calibrates your paper airplane for imperfect weather with a built-in launch assist and wind stabilizer. Now hobbyists, tinkerers, or students can become the flight controller!
- RAPID CHARGING - A 30 minute quick charge gives you 10 minutes of flight time along with an incredible range of up to 230ft! Traveling up to 20mph, your plane will spend less time on the tarmac and more time in the air. Simply connect the included micro USB cable to a charging port and plot out your next journey.
- STEM READY - Experience the aerodynamic forces that make flight possible through various wing configurations. Lift, drag, thrust, and gravity are learned first hand. Purchase the Night-Flight Kit and Accessory Kit to see how different parts create a new experience. Great for an outdoor class or exploration together with family.
- DURABLE - A near indestructible heavy duty carbon fiber body includes a nylon reinforced nose and motor mount. The POWERUP 4.0 paper airplane set is designed to withstand bumps, bangs, and even an unexpected crash. If your paper plane flies out of range, the onboard computer will safely land itself! Includes a one year warranty.