Kitty Hawk, a Silicon Valley-based startup, has officially ended its “Flyer” program, which is an electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) vehicle powered by ten independent lift fans. Instead, they are shifting their focus to Heaviside, a one-seater eVTOL concept with an eight-rotor design that has a range of about 100-miles and can fly at speeds of up to 180mph.
Unfortunately, this small aircraft will not have enough room for a second passenger or even cargo. To keep things light and rugged, the seats are made of bare carbon fiber. Thanks to the company conducting 25,000 successful crewed and uncrewed flights with their Flyer aircraft, Heaviside development should progress swiftly.
- Top Race 3 Channel Rc Plane for Adults Remote Control Airplane Ready to Fly TR-C285G UPGRADED
- UPGRADED: New Propeller Saver Technology, to save RC plane from damage.
- Easy to Fly rc Plane! Amazing Remote Control Plane with 3 level flying, Easy, Medium, Hard, Gift any Adults or advanced kids with this Amazingly fun rc plane Ready to Fly.
- 2.4Ghz Radio Control distance of over 320 Ft. 8mm Coreless Motor, Flying time of up to 12 min. on a single charge
- Great Gift item for adults and advanced boys!
Today, we are winding down the Flyer project. We have learned what we needed from it – things like vehicle design and testing, manufacturing aircraft, and most of all, how humans would experience eVTOL,” said Sebastian Thrun, Kitty Hawk chief executive.