New York City announced today that it is acquiring 184 Ford Mustang Mach-E electric vehicles for police and emergency response as part of their largest purchase of EVs to date. The order totaled around $11.5-million, which equates to roughly $62,500 per vehicle.
They are set to arrive by June 30, 2022 and will replace gas-powered vehicles currently used by the New York Police Department, the New York City Sheriff’s Office, the Department of Correction, the Department of Parks and Recreation, the Department of Environmental Protection, NYC Emergency Management, and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
- This spectacular LEGO Speed Champions Mopar Dodge//SRT Top Fuel Dragster and 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A (76904) building kit is perfect for those who love extraordinary cars and thrilling race action.
- What’s in the box? Everything you need to build your own Mopar Dodge//SRT Top Fuel Dragster and 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A replicas, plus 2 driver minifigures with Dodge outfits and racing helmets.
- Kids and car enthusiasts can explore the makeup of 2 real-life Dodge supercars as they build, before showing them off to friends or staging epic Speed Champions races.
- This 627-piece LEGO Speed Champions playset makes a great birthday or any-other-day gift for car enthusiasts aged 8 and up and for fans of high-performance automobiles and dragsters.
- Mopar Dodge//SRT Top Fuel Dragster is over 4 in. (10cm) high, 13.5 in. (35cm) long and 2.5 in.(7cm) wide; 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A is over 2 in. (5cm) high, 5 in. (16cm) long and 2.5 in. (7cm) wide.
The fact that the Mustang Mach-E successfully stood up to the grueling Michigan State Police evaluation demonstrates that Ford can build electric vehicles that are capable, tough and reliable enough for even the most challenging jobs. We understand the needs of our commercial customers and are committed to unlocking new electrification opportunities for them,” said Ted Cannis, CEO of Ford Pro.