Sony has just revealed two new flagship smartphone models: the Xperia 1 III and Xperia 5 III. Both are aimed at mobile creatives, whether they be photographers, audiophiles, cinephiles, gamers or cinematographers. Featuring a Snapdragon 888 SoC, 128GB (1 III) / 8GB (5 III) of RAM, 256GB (1 III) / 128 GB (5 III) of internal storage, and a 6.5-inch CinemaWide 4K HDR OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate on the 1 III.
Both models boast the first variable telephoto lens on a smartphone, which allows for focus to acquire instantly when users are switching between the 70mm and 105mm lenses. When paired with a dual PD sensor and dual PDAF capabilities, every image captured will be in full detail across the entire focal range. The Xperia 5 III may not have 4K, but its 6.1-inch 21:9 CinemaWide HDR OLED display with a 120Hz Refresh rate is still stunning to say the least. Other features include a 4,500mAh battery and Sony’s Neural Network Libraries, which analyzes Wi-Fi signals to predict near-future connectivity issues. There’s no word yet on pricing or availability.
- 5G – Upgrade to the next stage of mobile technology, OnePlus Nord N10 5G packs an ultra-fast punch. Stay connected and enjoy the digital world without the long load times
- Warp Charge 30T – Delivering a day’s power in 30 minutes, Warp Charge 30T combined with a massive battery gives you more time with your phone and less time charging
- 90Hz Display – Sporting a display that refreshes 50% faster than standard 60Hz displays, the N10 5G display is super responsive and smooth
- Quad Camera – Unleash your inner photographer with the Nord N10 5G’s 64MP main camera, or capture other details with the ultra-wide, macro, or monochrome lens for additional options
- Big Performance, Big Storage – Massive amounts of RAM allows you play and run the highest-end games and most demanding apps. 128GB of included storage allows for the downloading and installation of all your favorite films, TV shows, games, photos, and videos
Today we’re introducing two new Xperia models that are significant for both Sony and the industry as a whole. Drawing on our leadership in imaging, display and audio technology, we’re proud to debut the world’s first smartphone with a 4K 120Hz display and the world’s first smartphone with a variable telephoto lens. We continue to break new ground and provide passionate consumers with a more powerful creative device and an immersive entertainment experience like they’ve never had before—all in the palm of their hand,” said Neal Manowitz, President and COO, Sony Electronics Inc.