Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
Sony’s upcoming Playstation 5 is still set for a holiday 2020 release, but recently, several new photos of the development kits have leaked. Unfortunately, not all of them are clear images, but thankfully designer Giuseppe Spinelli has created a stunning 3D render of what we know about the console so far. There has been no confirmation about the specs, but it’s rumored to be powered by an eight-core AMD CPU based on the company’s 7nm microarchitecture, similar to the new PC-based Zen 2 Ryzen processors.
The semi-custom graphics processor is based on AMD’s Navi family using the RDNA microarchitecture, which includes support for hardware acceleration of ray-tracing rendering, thus enabling real-time ray-traced graphics in games. The new console will also reportedly ship with a custom SSD storage solution for faster loading times and larger bandwidth to make games more immersive. Most importantly, this SSD enables support for the console to stream content from a disc for 8K resolution.
- ATTENTION: Bundle contains 1 physical game (The Last of Us) and 2 game code vouchers (God of War & Horizon Zero Dawn). Although game codes are printed with a 3/31/2020 expiration date, Sony has extended the expiration date until 3/31/2021. Please redeem codes following the normal process.
- Only on Playstation PS4 bundle includes a Jet black 1TB PS4, matching Dualshock4 wireless controller, God of war, the last of US remastered, and Horizon zero dawn: complete edition games.
- It is a new beginning for Kratos. With his son Atreus, he must face the brutal Norse wilds and venture on a dangerous, personal journey.
- Winner of over 200 game of the Year awards, the last of US has been rebuilt for the PlayStation4 system. Now featuring higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements.
- Experience the full horizon zero dawn adventure. Explore a version of Earth inhabited by mysterious machines in a new open-world action/RPG.