Star Wars fans probably know that R9-D9 doesn’t quite look like this housekeeping droid, but rather an astromech that served King Sanjay Rash on the planet Onderon at Iziz during the Battle of Onderon in the Clone Wars. However, that didn’t stop Matthew Scott Hunter from transforming a robotic vacuum cleaner into a floor and carpet cleaning bot.
How did he come up with the idea? He found a Star Wars trash can in his garage. So, he decided to repaint it, add a rotating fan motor to mimic a droid’s spinning head, and then stuck a Bluetooth speaker inside for speech. Yes, it can also be controlled with a remote. On a related note, did you know that George Lucas influenced to create R2-D2 by Akira Kurosawa’s 1958 The Hidden Fortress and the characters are sidekicks to General Makabe? That’s right, and then artist Ralph McQuarrie came up with the design after being inspired by robots Huey, Dewey, and Louie from Douglas Trumbull’s 1972 film Silent Running.
- Children can build Darth Vader’s feature-packed castle on planet Mustafar with this Star Wars LEGO set Includes a buildable TIE Advanced Fighter for amazing LEGO Star Wars battling action
- This LEGO Star Wars Building Kit comes with 6 Star Wars Minifigures including Darth Vader, 2 guard figures, and an Imperial Transport Pilot, and Darth Vader's bacta tank Castle kit also includes TIE fighter starship
- In a galaxy far, far, away, a world of adventure awaits in Darth Vader's Castle Children will have a blast acting out scenes from the movies with their favorite Star Wars characters
- With the LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader Castle 75251 building kit, children can explore imaginative play while building creativity and confidence This construction toy includes lots of original LEGO building bricks for endless creative play
- Darth Vader's Castle measures over 16” (41cm) high, 11” (28cm) wide and 9” (23cm) deep; Star Wars TIE Fighter is over 2” (6cm) high, 4” (11cm) wide and 3” (9cm) long Building brick set for boys and girls aged 9+ and fans of all ages - 1,060 pieces