Photo credit: Nazar Eisa
What could be next for Elon Musk’s Tesla? How about a hubless electric motorcycle that would definitely turn some heads. That’s exactly what automotive designer Nazar Eisa came up with and it looks to be straight from a science fiction film.
Now you may be asking yourself why a Tesla electric motorcycle would need hubless wheels? Well, aside from its aesthetic appeal, the main advantage is that the rotating inertia of the wheel is reduced, since the spokes as well as hub are removed, thus creating a space in center of them. One other plus is that they also require less torque, compared to centered hub wheels, which means quicker acceleration, along with being more energy efficient.
- Powered by a twist-grip, variable-speed, throttle, high-torque, chain-driven motor that delivers speeds up to 14 mph (22 km/h)
- Features a trellis-frame chassis design with authentic street-bike inspired styling for a bold mix of style and performance
- Hand-operated, rear disc brake provides stopping power, combined with pneumatic tires and custom 12”, 3-spoke, mag wheels
- Rechargeable 24V (two 12V) sealed lead-acid battery system provides up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Additional features include double-crown fork, shatter-resistant fairings, adjustable-angle, riserstyle handlebars with soft, rubber grips and a retractable kickstand