Photo credit: James Gawley
It would only make sense for Elon Musk’s Tesla to build an electric motorcycle, as they have dominated with their Model 3 / S / X and soon, the Cybertruck. What could the two-wheeled bike look like? Well, automotive designer James Gawley provides us with an idea. Rather than a traditional speedometer and gauges, this one would have a giant touchscreen in their place.
Electric-powered motorcycles of the same size and weight of their gasoline counterparts offer similar performance. In a past Road & Track issue, their editors determined that a high-end electric motorcycle was faster and even better handling than any conventionally powered bike. How so? these electric bikes have better 0-60 mph acceleration, thanks to the ability to develop full torque immediately, and since they don’t have a clutch, clutch the torque is available instantly.
- Authentic motocross frame geometry, the MX350 scales down the dirt bike to size for riders ages 13+ and up to 140 lb (64 kg)
- High-torque, rear-wheel chain-drive delivers increased power and traction
- Powers riders at speeds of up to 14 mph (22 km/h) with up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Features adjustable-angle, riser-style handlebars, spoked wheels with 12” pneumatic, knobby tires, retractable kickstand, and hand-operated rear brake
- 24V (two 12V) sealed lead-acid rechargeable battery system