The UPS drone delivery subsidiary, UPS Flight Forward (UPSFF), announced that it has partnered with German drone-maker Wingcopter to develop the next generation of package delivery drones for multiple uses. Both of these companies will now step up to earn a regulatory certificate for a Wingcopter unmanned aircraft to make commercial delivery flights in the United States.
Current Wingcopter drones boast vertical takeoff and landing capabilities in tight spaces, all the while being able to transition to efficient, high-speed horizontal flight, making it suitable for a host of uses. This enables UPSFF to begin developing solutions that will go far beyond the healthcare and retail industries to solve long-standing challenges for industrial manufacturing, hospitality, entertainment and other customers, once approved.
- The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini camera drone is the perfect creative companion, capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary
- Weighing less than 0.55lbs by 250 grams, Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone. In the United States and Canada, you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the government
- Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear, Ultra-smooth footage
- Mavic Mini’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery
- DJI Fly App requires iOS v10.0, Android v6.0 or above. Compatible devices include: iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, S10, S9 Plus, S9 , S8 Plus, S8, S7 edge, S7, S6, Note9, Note8, Huawei P30 Pro, P30, P20, P10, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 10, nova 5, nova 4, nova 3e, nova 2, Honor 8X, 10, 9, 20 Pro, Magic 2, Mi 8, MIX 2S, MIX 2, Redmi Note 5, Oppo Find X, R15, Vivo NEX, X27, X21, X20A, OnePlus 7, 6T, 5, Pixel 3 XL, 2 XL, 2, LG V20, LG G6
Wingcopter’s electric-vertical-takeoff-and landing drones are know for their patented tilt-rotor mechanism, which allows for a seamless transition between two drone modes: multi-copter for hovering and fixed-wing for near noiseless forward flight. These technologies mean that Wingcopter aircraft can operate with unmet stability even in harsh weather conditions.
We are proud to partner with UPS, a global giant in delivery and logistics. Together we aspire to extend the speed and reach of package delivery. Our vision has always been to leverage technology to improve the lives of people around the world, and the strategic relationship with UPS will further accelerate our growth and global expansion, strengthening our role as an industry leader in drone technology,” said Tom Plümmer, Wingcopter chief executive officer and co-founder.