James Hobson, better known as The Hacksmith online, has built the world’s first retractable lightsaber. It was modeled after the ones used by Jedi Knights, attached to tanks of liquid propane gas and oxygen gas to create the high level of heat required to make the plasma beam. Once turned on, the beam heats up to an immense 2,204 °C (4,000°F), meaning it can slice through just about anything. The colors of the beam can be manipulated with different kinds of salts infused with the heat.
Why did James build this? His mission has always been to take fictional ideas from comics, movies as well as video games and make real working prototypes as a way to inspire youth into the arts. He left his job early as a product developer to dedicate his entire life to making custom engineered mechanisms that many have only seen in movies.
- Star Wars fans can show off their loyalty to the Empire and elite LEGO building skills when they construct and display this stunningly detailed replica of a Stormtrooper Helmet (75276)
- The iconic shape and authentic details of a Stormtrooper’s helmet are recreated with LEGO bricks plus graphics stickers; Display it on the base with nameplate to evoke memories of epic Star Wars movie action
- This helmet is part of a range of awesome, collectible LEGO Star Wars build-to-display model kits; Also check out the Boba Fett Helmet (75277)
- This 647-piece Star Wars character model kit makes a top birthday gift, holiday present or special surprise for fans aged 18-plus and offers a rewarding challenge for any experienced LEGO builder
- This cool, collectible LEGO Star Wars Stormtrooper Helmet measures 7” (18cm) high, 5” (13cm) wide and 5” (13cm) deep and will make a big visual impact displayed at home or at your workplace