At Samsung Unpacked, the company unveiled the Galaxy Z Flip, their new foldable smartphone. Featuring a 6.7-inch display that folds into a sleek compact form factor that fits in the palm of your hand, thanks to an innovative Hideaway Hinge and custom-built UX. Put simply, this handset provides elegant new ways to capture, share and experience content.
Unlike the other Galaxy smartphones, this one features an Infinity Flex Display with Samsung’s proprietary bendable Ultra Thin Glass (UTG), making it ultraslim, while still offering a premium look and feel that has never been seen with a foldable device before. There’s a centered in-display 10MP camera cutout up top and when combined with Samsung’s first-ever 21.9:9 ratio, you can enjoy even more of your favorite content than ever before, like cinema-ratio shows as well as movies. When folded, you can check the 1.1″ Super AMOLED display to keep track of notifications. Other specifications include: a 7㎚ 64-bit octa-core processor, dual rear 12MP wide-angle cameras, 8GB of RAM, 256GB internal storage, and a 3,300 mAh battery. It goes on sale in select markets beginning February 14th.
- With a long lasting battery, the Galaxy A10e gives you more time to post, talk, text and share with friends and family
- Keep more with 32GB of built in memory; Expand your memory up to 512GB with a Micro SD card
- Enjoy an edge to edge view on a 5. 83" Infinity display
- Capture crisp, clear photos with an 8MP rear Camera and a 5MP front Camera
- Wireless voice, data and messaging services compatible with most major U.S. GSM and CDMA networks; Support for certain features and services such as VoWiFi and hotspot, vary by wireless service provider
At Samsung, we were encouraged by the excitement for the Galaxy Fold. Galaxy Z Flip is an important next step as we look to build the foldable category by bringing to consumers a new form factor, new display and most importantly, a new kind of mobile experience. With Galaxy Z Flip’s unique foldable design and user experience, we’re redefining what a mobile device can be, and what it enables consumers to do,” said Dr. TM Roh, President and Head of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics.