Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
Early last year, Xiaomi filed a patent with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for an ‘electronic device’, and this filing was just uncovered on April 29, 2021. The sketches from the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) give us a look at what appears to be a modular smartphone of sorts.
As the name implies, the device consists of several modules that can be swapped out when necessary. Two of the modules have displays on them, while the cameras can be replaced using the rail system, which allows you to slide them on and off. Once they are properly connected, the modules automatically turn on. The housing itself can be made of either metal or plastic, depending on the smartphone. There would be an under-screen camera on the main display to eliminate any unsightly notches or hole-punches.
- 15 Minutes for a Full Day’s Power – Eliminate charging anxiety with Warp Charge 65. All it takes is a short charge to get you ready for your day.
- 120Hz Fluid Display – Experience a 6.55” ultra-smooth display, with stunning color accuracy. The OnePlus 8T display refreshes twice as fast as standard displays, making everyday use on the smartphone feel much smoother.
- 48 MP Quad Camera – Shoot brilliant photos and videos with the 48 MP main camera, a sweeping 16 MP Ultra-Wide-Angle Camera, a 5 MP Macro Lens for portrait mode, and an all-new Monochrome Lens.
- 5G Powerhouse Performance – Play the most graphically intensive games and use demanding productivity apps with ease, thanks to the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor.
- 256GB Storage + 12GB RAM – Store more of your favorite apps, games, and media with an expansive 256GB storage. Open apps quickly and smoothly with 12GB of RAM.