Even with all the power bank options out there, sometimes, you just want to quickly recharge your smartphone. Xiaomi introduces its 80W Mi Wireless Charging Technology that will allow you to do just that. Just how fast is it? It can power up a 4,000 mAh battery to 10% in 1 minute, 50% in 8 minutes and 100% in just 19 minutes. The iPhone 12 Pro has a 2,775mAh battery, so if it was compatible with Xiaomi’s technology, the handset could be fully charged in possibly just 15 minutes or less.
What smartphone could make use of such a technology? The closest device would be Xiaomi’s own Mi 10 Ultra. Featuring a 6.67-inch 120Hz OLED display, Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 processor, up to 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM, 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage, a 48MP periscope camera with 120x digital zoom, and support for 120W wired fast charging and 50W wireless fast charging. Currently, there are no known 80W Mi Wireless Charging compatible devices, but we expect an announcement soon.
- 15 Minutes for a Full Day’s Power – Eliminate charging anxiety with Warp Charge 65. All it takes is a short charge to get you ready for your day.
- 120Hz Fluid Display – Experience a 6.55” ultra-smooth display, with stunning color accuracy. The OnePlus 8T display refreshes twice as fast as standard displays, making everyday use on the smartphone feel much smoother.
- 48 MP Quad Camera – Shoot brilliant photos and videos with the 48 MP main camera, a sweeping 16 MP Ultra-Wide-Angle Camera, a 5 MP Macro Lens for portrait mode, and an all-new Monochrome Lens.
- 5G Powerhouse Performance – Play the most graphically intensive games and use demanding productivity apps with ease, thanks to the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor.
- 256GB Storage + 12GB RAM – Store more of your favorite apps, games, and media with an expansive 256GB storage. Open apps quickly and smoothly with 12GB of RAM.
In March 2020, Xiaomi introduced to the world 40W wireless charging, in August that record was broken by Xiaomi’s first mass-produced 50W wireless charging technology, only to be broken again with 80W Mi Wireless Charging Technology. In less than a year, three technological breakthroughs and three new records,” said the company.