Yahoo, which was acquired by Verizon Media, unveiled its first smartphone, and it’s the ZTE Blade A3Y. At $49.99, it’s paired with Yahoo Mobile’s unlimited plan and works on Verizon’s powerful 4G LTE Network. Featuring a 5.45-inch 720HD display, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, an 8-megapixel rear-camera, 5-megapixel front-facing selfie camera, rear fingerprint sensor, and a 2660 mAh battery, all running Android 10.
What sets this apart from other pre-paid smartphones? It comes with pre-installed apps that take up less device storage and are optimized for speed, including Yahoo Mail, Yahoo News, Yahoo Sports with “Watch Together” – a way to live-stream free NFL games virtually with friends, Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Weather, as well as a Yahoo Mobile app to let you manage your account / service plan. For $39.99 per month, you get unlimited text, talk, data, mobile hotspot (1 device), and Yahoo Mail Pro.
- New, unlocked Android phone gives you the flexibility to change carriers and choose your own data plan; works with Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, and other major carriers
- Capture great photos using your cell phone on the 12 MP dual pixel rear camera with features like Live HDR+, Night Sight, and Portrait Mode; share photos directly from the viewfinder of your Pixel camera to Google and popular third party apps
- The Adaptive Battery lasts up to 24 hours  as it learns your favorite apps and reduces power to the ones you rarely use
- HDR+ makes your photos look better by automatically adjusting for color and lighting; Night Sight lets you capture rich detail and color even in the dark; Portrait Mode helps you take beautiful portraits with a DSLR quality look
- Get things done with just your voice: Send texts, get directions and reminders, and multitask on the go on your mobile phone with help from Google
As the world continues to adapt to a new socially-distant normal, content and connectivity have become key for consumers who are craving new experiences and connections to the ones they love. With the launch of the Yahoo Mobile phone, we are bringing a unique and valuable offering to users with Yahoo’s unified suite of products, trusted content, commerce and the reliability of Verizon’s unparalleled network,” said Guru Gowrappan, CEO of Verizon Media.