Photo credit: Mahdi Eghbali | Design Boom
NASA aims to land American astronauts back on the Moon by 2024, including the first woman, through the agency’s Artemis lunar exploration program. During future missions, astronauts may stay in a 3D-printed Moon village of sorts, with everything they need, and more.
Industrial designer Mahdi Eghbali Amlashi envisions a village that can comfortably hold up to 100-people, whether they be astronauts, scientists, engineers, or even tourists. The chosen site would first need to be excavated using autonomous robots before the 3D-printing process can begin for the main structures. The buildings could include a fitness center, a smart restaurant, a hydroponic garden and living quarters. To kick things off, NASA is transporting a suite of science instruments and technology demonstrations to the lunar surface through commercial Moon deliveries starting this year.
- REMOVABLE BUILD SURFACE PLATE: Provide all-round protection to your 3D printer build plate and ensure consistent temperature throughout the build surface. Easy to remove the printing models after cooling.
- SAFE POWER SUPPLY: Ender 3 Pro comes with a UL Certified power supply, protecting your printer from unexpected power surges, that can heat the hot bed to 110℃ in just 5 minutes.
- RESUME PRINT FUNCTION: Ender 3 Pro can resume printing from the last recorded extruder position after suffering unexpected power outages.
- SEMI-ASSEMBLED KIT: This easy-to-setup kit comes partially assembled, allowing you to learn about the basic construction of 3D printers as you finish putting it together. A fun STEM educational experience in mechanical engineering and electronics.
- WHAT YOU GET: Ceality Ender 3 Pro 3D pinrter, lifetime technical assistance and 24 hours professional customer service.