Israel-based Aleph Farms and its research partner at the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering at the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology have created the world’s first 3D-printed rib eye steak. The team used a special three-dimensional (3D) bioprinting technology and natural building blocks of meat, which are essentially real cow cells, without genetic engineering and immortalization. This 3D bioprinting technology actually prints living cells that are then incubated to grow, differentiate, and interact, in order to acquire the texture and qualities of a real meat.
A proprietary system, similar to the vascularization that naturally occurs in tissues, allows the passage of nutrients across the thicker tissue and grants the steak with the similar shape as well as structure of its native form as found in livestock before / during cooking. This results in a delicious tender, juicy rib eye steak that you would purchase from a market.
- REMOVABLE BUILD SURFACE PLATE: Provide all-round protection to your 3D printer build plate and ensure consistent temperature throughout the build surface. Easy to remove the printing models after cooling.
- SAFE POWER SUPPLY: Ender 3 Pro comes with a UL Certified power supply, protecting your printer from unexpected power surges, that can heat the hot bed to 110℃ in just 5 minutes.
- RESUME PRINT FUNCTION: Ender 3 Pro can resume printing from the last recorded extruder position after suffering unexpected power outages.
- SEMI-ASSEMBLED KIT: This easy-to-setup kit comes partially assembled, allowing you to learn about the basic construction of 3D printers as you finish putting it together. A fun STEM educational experience in mechanical engineering and electronics.
- WHAT YOU GET: Ceality Ender 3 Pro 3D pinrter, lifetime technical assistance and 24 hours professional customer service.
This breakthrough reflects an artistic expression of the scientific expertise of our team. I am blessed to work with some of the greatest people in this industry. We recognize some consumers will crave thicker and fattier cuts of meat. Additional meat designs will drive a larger impact in the mid and long term. This milestone for me marks a major leap in fulfilling our vision of leading a global food system transition toward a more sustainable, equitable and secure world,” said Didier Toubia, Co-Founder and CEO of Aleph Farms.